The AE400E is the compact model of our range of Amphibex dredgers. Surprising and extremely versatile, it’s ideal to complete a variety of works on the shores and underwater. The AE400E is easily transportable and excels at performing tasks in restrained areas, but its size does not affect its power. Equipped with CAT engines, all our dredgers are designed to last and perform in the most extreme conditions, ensuring unparalleled reliability. In addition, we are proud to manufacture all our Amphibex with the best technological advances to ensure maximum respect of the environment.
Flood prevention and ice breaking
The Amphibex AE400E is a world calss ice breaker and is used in many places for flood control. In the majority of cases, the use of the Amphibex AE400E makes it possible to avoid using explosives which can be detrimental to the environment. Several techniques can be used to break ice. Photo: An Amphibex AE400E uses its arm and weight to break the ice and dislodge ice jams.
The Amphibex AE400E is a very effective device for drainage operations. Its mobility on land and water, anchorage and stabilization equipment, added to its wide range of interchangeable accessories (bucket chipper, bucket pump, conventional bucket, rake and side discharge spout) give it a distinct advantage over traditional drainage machinery.
Shore line interventions
The Amphibex AE400E differentiates itself through its shore line work. Able to accomplish a large wide variety of operations (pipe installation, cleaning of the banks or vegetation control), it involves only minor disturbances where the use of traditional general purpose excavators would have created severe damage.
Max. length: 10.85 m (35’ 7")
Working weight: (approx.) 22 metric tons (24.25 tons)
Haulage distance: 12.85 m (42’ 2")
Haulage Width: 3.5 m (11’ 6")
Haulage Height: 3.2 m (10’ 6")
Speed: (approx.) 5 to 8 knots
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: 12 VOLTS OR 24 VOLTS
Batteries (2): 1000 A
Fuel tank: 1200 L (317 U.S. gallons)
Maximum operating pressure: 450 bar
Hydraulic system capacity: 500 L (132.09 Gal.)
(hydraulic oil made with a biodegradable vegetable base)
ENGINE: C9 ACERT CATERPILLAR
Model: see options
Maximum power: 275 to 375 bhp
Max. torque: 275 bhp: (904 lb-ft) -1225 N.m. at 1400 rpm
Max. torque: 375 bhp: (1230 lb-ft) -1667 N.m. at 1400 rpm
Air compressor tu/flo: 501-13 ft3/min.
Excavation radius: 6.6 m (21’7") to 7.86 m (25’ 9") on 170°
Excavation Depth (with telescopic indicator): 6.5 m (21’ 4")
Power of wrenching scoop: according to the selected option
Power of attack excavator: according to the selected option
STANDARD EQUIPMENT AMPHIBEX AE400E
- Quick attach buckets and accessories; 500 L bucket (0.6 cubic yards)
- One-piece hull, corrosion resistant, divided into 9 sealed compartments
- Two rear stabilizers, equipped with hydraulically tilting cylinders. Depth control by means of hydraulic cylinder / mechanical control
- Two front stabilizers with detachable floats and removable spuds
- Direction and hydraulic height controllers propulsion system
- Dry powder extinguisher: one 5 kg (10 lbs.)
- Standard excavator Arm with a horizontal pump-shredder bucket and hydraulic pumping system - 2 pumps, maximum capacity of 2 X 167 L (2 X 43 Gal)/second
- Discharge line located under cab / Output connection SAE250 (10'')
- Fast accessory attachment
- Rescue equipment
- Heating system
- Discharge spout for side casting
- 3 m (9’ 10") Rake
- 250 mm (10") X 2 m (6') discharge pipe, aluminum assembly, SAE 250 (10'') for connection to the floating conduit
- Navigation lights, folding mast
- Tool box
- 800 L (1 cubic yards) bucket
- The maximum length of an Amphibex AE400E is 10.85 m (35' 7'') and they have a total weight of 22 metric tons (24.25 tons). Its hull, moulded into one single piece, is divided into nine sealed compartments.
- The Amphibex AE400E can sail at 5 to 8 knots. It is powered by a Caterpillar C9 diesel engine with six cylinders that generates 350 bhp (261 Kilowatts).
- It can reach an excavation depth of 6 m (19' 8'') in a radius of 6 to 8 m (19' 8'' to 26' 3'') and 170 degrees.
- Its hydraulic system, with a capacity of 500 L (132 gal), runs on vegetable oil and supplies five pumps (four with variable flow and one with compensated pressure).
The air-conditioned Amphibex cabin offers all the comfort and visibility necessary for the operation of the amphibious general purpose excavator during long hours. The ergonomic positioning of the various manipulation arms of the hydraulic controls and the GPS navigation system contribute to make the work of the operator comfortable and simple.
The C9 Acert Caterpillar engine
Equipped with Acert C9 Caterpillar engine, the Amphibex AE400E general purpose excavators have all the power necessary to be successful. These engines are compact, light and are low emisions.
Stabilizers and floats
Its front stabilizers (with floats) and rear (adjustable and tilting) also give the Amphibex AE400E all the mobility necessary to move over ground and to adequately manoeuvre for work on the shore line or on water. They also give the amphibious general purpose excavator the necessary balance to operate effectively on all kinds of bodies of water.
Conceived to have maximum power with minimal disturbance, the Amphibex AE400E propulsion system has achieved its goals. It can sail at 5 to 8 knots and is set above the water and its shallow propeller protects marine vegetation and avoids moving the sediment layers deposited at the bottom of the bodies of water.
The Amphibex AE400E positioning system can be fitted with very sophisticated GPS technology, particularly useful when pumping contaminated sediments. Day or night, these systems are used to determine precisely where the amphibious excavator should be.