Flood prevention and ice breaking
The Amphibex AE650E is a world calss ice breaker and is used in many places for flood control. In the majority of cases, the use of the Amphibex AE650E makes it possible to avoid using explosives which can be detrimental to the environment. Several techniques can be used to break ice. Photo: An Amphibex AE650E uses its arm and weight to break the ice and dislodge ice jams.
The Amphibex AE650E is a very effective device for drainage operations. Its mobility on land and water, anchorage and stabilization equipment, added to its wide range of interchangeable accessories (bucket chipper, bucket pump, conventional bucket, rake and side discharge spout) give it a distinct advantage over traditional drainage machinery.
Shore line interventions
The Amphibex AE650E differentiates itself through its shore line work. Able to accomplish a large wide variety of operations (pipe installation, cleaning of the banks or vegetation control), it involves only minor disturbances where the use of traditional general purpose excavators would have created severe damage.
Max. length: 14.4 m (47’ 3")
Max. width: 4.3 m (14’ 1")
Speed: (approx.) 5 to 8 knots
ENGINE: DIESEL CATERPILLAR C18
Power max: 765 bhp (570 kilowatts)
Fuel tank: 3140 L (830 gal)
Excavation radius: 12 m (39’ 4") on 150°
Maximum discharge height: 10.3 m (33’ 10")
- Conventional bucket and variable speed hydraulic bucket-pump
- Horizontal cutter for conduits SAE 350 or 400 (14'' or 16'')
- 3 m (9' 10'') wide rake
- Compact propulsion system composed of 2 hydraulic motor driven propellers
- Power-assisted steering
- Hydraulic vertical control
- The maximum length of the Amphibex AE650E is 14.4 m (47' 3'') and its maximum width is 4.3 m (14' 1''). Its resistant hull is divided into thirteen sealed compartments.
- The Amphibex AE650E can sail at 5 to 8 knots.
- It can reach an excavation depth of 10.5 m (34' 5'') in a 12 m (39' 4'') maximum radius of 150 degrees.
- The maximum discharge height is 10.3 m (33' 10'').
- Its engine, a diesel Caterpillar C18 model with six cylinders, generates 765 bhp (570 kilowatts). The capacity of the diesel tank is 3140 L (830 gal).
The air-conditioned Amphibex cabin offers all the comfort and visibility necessary for the operation of the amphibious general purpose excavator during long hours. The ergonomic position of the various manipulation arms of the hydraulic controls and GPS navigation system contribute to make the work of the operator comfortable and simple.
In addition, the seat and controllers can move from the left to the right of the cabin to facilitate the visibility and manoeuverability during work near structures.
The C18 Caterpillar engine
Equipped with Caterpillar C18 diesel engine with 765 bhp, the Amphibex AE650E general purpose excavators have all the power necessary and are low emisions.
Stabilizers and floats
Its front stabilizers (with floats) and its four anchor piles (adjustable and tilting) also give the Amphibex AE650E all the mobility necessary to move over ground and to adequately position itself for shoreline or marine work. They also give the amphibious general purpose excavator the necessary balance to operate effectively on all kinds of bodies of water.
Conceived to have maximum power with minimal disturbance. TheAmphibex AE650E propulsion system has achieved its goals. It can sail at 5 to 8 knots and its shallow propeller protects marine vegetation in shallow bodies of water.
The Amphibex AE650E positioning system can be fitted with very sophisticated GPS technology, particularly useful when pumping contaminated sediments. Day or night, these systems are used to determine precisely where the amphibious excavator should be.